Organized Morning Routine for Busy Moms
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend- at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting this blog! Full disclosure here.
This post may contain affiliate links which help support the blog. Full disclosure here.
Do you struggle with keeping an organized morning routine?
I am a complete hot mess express in the mornings. Running around, staring into the pantry wondering what I’m doing, going upstairs to get something and seconds later having no clue why. Sound like you, too?
I know that if i do a little bit better planning at night, I will have a much smoother morning, but do I do it? Sometimes! Lately though? Not so much.
After forgetting the weekly “show-and-tell” item for the letters of the week A-D, it was time to get more organized and let week E have a fighting chance.
In addition to scrambling around to gather all the kid’s items, I forgot my pump for like the 5th time this month. Ouch.
Luckily, I live very close to our office and where I do surgery, but it wastes so much time to have to go back to the house and pump when I should be working (don’t get me started with my disorganized office space!)
In an effort to have more organized and stress free mornings, I made a cute printable to hang by the door and go through each night to make sure we are all packed up for the next day.
And of course, I’m sharing! I created a blank one for you to fill in yourself, or if you need some inspo, you can have my pre filled one. Just enter your email in the sign up form below, and they will be delivered to your inbox in a jif!
Having a checklist is very helpful for people that are just a tad bit forgetful like myself. (Pregnancy brain x 3 that never went away) Here are a few more tips to have a more organized morning routine, from a very unorganized mom of three.
6 Life Saving Tips for a More Organized Morning Routine
- A great morning starts with a productive evening! I know if I just pack everything up the night before, the morning will be way less hectic. So, why don’t I do this every night? Mama is tired, y’all. Even though it probably only takes about 10 minutes to get everything ready to go, it still seems like the most daunting task in the world. Just remind yourself, that taking 10 minutes at night to organize everyone’s backpacks and lunches, will avoid the 45 minutes it will take when you try to do everything with toddlers at your feet.
- Load the dishwasher and wipe down counters before bed. Waking up to a clean kitchen makes the morning hustle so much easier. My husband and I are always fighting for counter space in the morning, and the days that we go to bed without cleaning up the kitchen can make the following morning super stressful. Plus, running the dishwasher at night will ensure that your pump parts, bottles, and coffee cups are clean and ready to go for the next day.
- Pack lunches the night before. This means for you too mama! I don’t know how many times I just completely forget to bring lunch for myself. Everyone else has a gourmet meal, but I’m rushing around so much that I forget to feed myself. This leads to selecting super unhealthy alternatives like, whatever cupcakes happen to be in the office refrigerator, or driving through good ol’ Mickey D’s. Recently my husband and I have been really good about meal planning, even down to the snacks we eat. This helps save calories and cash.
- Drink up buttercup. Fill up a large water bottle the night before to pack in your bag. Remembering to drink water is by far one of the hardest things to do (for me at least), but it’s the best thing you can do for your health. I am way more likely to drink my water if I already have it packed up and ready for the day ahead.
- Simplify Your Hair and Makeup Routine. Use dry shampoo ladies. Limit the amount of days that you need to wash and blow dry your hair. This will save you time, and is much better for your hair. Use a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen so you can protect your skin, moisturize, and cover flaws in just a few seconds. I love this time saving Out the Door Cheek & Eye Palette so that you have everything you need for a simple, but gorgeous look. Head to my post on my makeup routine for busy moms for more time saving beauty tips.
- Wake Up Early. Yes, I know. This one is hard. I must say I have never been the best at getting up early, until Christmas time last year. I was like 7 months pregnant, and the pregnancy insomnia set in. I was getting up at 3 and 4 in the morning, but I absolutely loved how quiet the house was with the glow of the Christmas tree lights. I started to look forward to getting up early, relishing the quiet house, and sipping my cup of coffee without interruptions. You can use this time to organize your week, or pursue a passion. I get up every day at 5 AM to work on my blog and side hustle. It’s easy to get up when you are excited about something you are working on! Coffee also helps.
We are ready to tackle the rest of 2018 with more organized mornings! What are your biggest struggles in the morning? Let me know in the comments!