Simple Ways to Save Money
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend- at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting this blog! Full disclosure here.
Saving money can seem almost impossible these days.
In fact, 80% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.
You can imagine the struggle to save money when you feel like you are barely making it.
Our family definitely struggles to save money, despite our good income.
The top two reasons that people with good, healthy incomes STILL struggle with saving is usually debt and not doing a budget.
Once we got on a budget, we became more intentional about saving money, and it seemed like simple ways to save money started popping up everywhere!
On our hunt to save more money, these are some of the best ideas we have found.
117 + Simple Ways to Save Money This Week!
Danelle from Operation 40K lists 40 super easy ways to save money including:
- Buying Used
- Shopping Off-Season Clearance Sales
Related: How to Save Money on Kid’s Clothing
- Pay Bills on Time to Avoid Fees
Tip: Use a Bill Payment Calendar like the one in my free budgeting workbook so you never miss a payment!
- Skip Starbucks- Unless You Can Get it for FREE!
- Make “Couponing” Simple by Using Money Saving Cash Back Apps like E-Bates
Related: Best Money Saving Apps
- MEAL PLAN! Pack Your Lunch, Cook at Home, Plan Ahead for Success.
Tip: The first step to saving on food is to figure out how much you are already spending! Use this FREE printable food budget calculator at Diary of a SoCal Mama and this FREE printable food expense tracker to help you always find the best savings at Healthy and Lovin’ It. Before you hit the store, use this Store Sale Price Planner from DIY Party Mom to organize your shopping!
- Drink Water- Avoid Overspending and Overindulging in Empty Calories.
- Cut Subscriptions and Memberships that You Don’t Use (Gym, Subscription Boxes)
You can find 30+ more ways to save money here at Operation 40K.
If you just can’t get enough simple ways to save money, check out these 75 Frugal Living Tips on I Heart Frugal.
Some of my favorites include:
- Shopping in Facebook Groups- I do this ALL the time to save money on Kid’s clothing and toys and even furniture for our home.
- Save on Healthcare- You can save A TON of money on healthcare simply by doing some research on the best options for your family. From health savings accounts to medical bill sharing to the health care marketplace, there are more options than you probably know about!
- Use the Library- Check out books, movies, and more totally free! There are probably weekly toddler story times or other free entertainment for your kids, too. Check out your local library and take advantage of fun and free activities.
- Cut Lotion Bottles- This is genius to get those last few drops!
- DIY Cleaning Products- A little goes a LONG way. Check out Pinterest for a whole slew of non-toxic cleaning products that you can make at home using Thieves from Young Living (Smells like CHRISTMAS!)
- Line Dry Clothes to Save Money on Electricity
- Grow Your Own Herbs & Spices
Check out 68 more ways to save money here at I Heart Frugal.
- USE CASH! This has been a huge game changer in our ability to budget and save money each month. This is an awesome $5 DIY Envelope System for a cute and safe place to haul your cash around.
- Take advantage of cool freebies! Joyce at My Stay at Home Adventures has a huge list of free planners and eBooks to help you save money! Check her out here.
What are your favorite simple ways to save money? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. Let me help you SAVE money and stay on BUDGET with my FREE Printable Complete Budget Toolkit. Get it here!