I feel like summer is half over, but it’s really only beginning! Especially in Texas, where we will have triple digit temps clear to October. ?
I have felt so unorganized since all of the moving chaos, so now that we are getting settled in, I decided to make a little summer goals list to hold myself accountable, and include some fun family to-dos as well!
1. Wake up before the kids. Everything I read about being more organized, and getting more done, always mentions this tip! Every week I tell myself I’m going to get up an hour before the kids so I can drink my coffee, work out, and plan for the day. I think that might be just a smidge too ambitious, so right now I’m going to aim to wake up just 15 minutes earlier, and see where that takes me!
2. Start working out, (just a little bit). Even if it’s just family evening walks, I’d like to get moving and hopefully have more energy! I haven’t honestly worked out since Bethany was about 6 months old, and I was trying to lose the baby weight, but thanks to exhaustion that didn’t last long.
3. Get the kids to go the !$&@ to sleep! This will probably help drastically with number 1 & 2. I don’t know what the “right” way to get your kids to sleep through the night is, but there’s no question that sleep time is chaos in our house. One thing I do know is that if you’re googling Super-Nanny at 3 AM, it’s time for a change.
4. Start using my planner more. I used to be the planner queen in high school and college, but somewhere along the way I decided scatter brained was a better approach to life…it’s not. My to-do list is never ending, and I’ve pinterest-ed every time management tip in the book! I’ve found that time blocking actually helps me to be the most efficient. That’s where you set out to do something for a set amount of time, and when the time is up, you stop and move on to the next thing. I’m going to try this more and see if it helps me tackle those to dos!
5. Make more time for friends and family. I’m always complaining that we never see our friends because they all live far away, but really if I think about it, there are a lot of other mamas around here that I could make time to see and schedule play dates with. I’m working on this! Hopefully getting more organized will allow me to schedule more time with friends! In fact, this weekend I am taking the kids to Oklahoma to visit one of my besties, and making a stop to see my Grandma on the way! Progress!
As far as family fun, I made a little bucket list that we’ve already started to make our way through.
We have a lot of summer fun planned, including a couple of family road trips, hanging out at the splash pad, and FINALLY enrolling the kids in swim lessons.
I might achieve all of these goals before summer ends, or I might take frequent naps while my kids watch other kids open toys on YouTube. That’s a thing.
What are your summer goals or must do adventures?! Let me know in the comments, and don’t forget to subscribe and follow!